Thursday, September 4, 2008

weekend

Generally I love weekends..in fact I am so downright crazy about them that I spend all my weekdays in planning out the best way of spending those two precious days. However, the last couple of weekends have been pretty taxing with the whole family away in Delhi. In fact. last Saturday was a sheer torture....in the end I returned back to my office work to help me pass time. As you get older you realsie that all the people whom you used to know in school and college have either moved abroad (90% of my college and university friends have) or they are too busy with their respective careers and families to have an unplanned weekend in hand. But this weekend I am rather well-prepared..I have 4 movies to watch: two by Wong Kar Wai, Into the Wild, directed by Sean Penn (it may seem strange but I am a big fan of him. I thing he's an abolutely fascinating actor, especially after watching him in Mystic River and I am Sam) , and also a movie that I have been wanting to watch ever since I read the book: Philippa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl, a look at the life of Anne Boleyn. It's always tricky converting a book into a film, and there hardly have been instances where the film has improved upon the book (case in point The Kite Ruuner, the most recent literary adaptation that I have seen). So watch this space for my feedbacks. Oh and not forgetting the 3 books that I have lined up..The Dumas Club, The Bad Mother's Handbook and the Cairo Diary.

No comments: