Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a perfect life

Just now I was chatting with this old collegemate of mine. Then in response to something said by her, I responded: "some people have perfect lives, but you and me:we are not that lucky .' And then in response to that she said something that startled me. She said 'Not you babe.You have a perfect life'. It struck me then how we view each other through different lenses, how my life appears to be a 'perfect' one to someone, while left to myself, I would hardly categorise it as one. How can people's views of the same thing differ so greatly? Is it because it is not possible for someone else to ever know what is happening in another person's life unless one has lived through the experiences herself?
Or is it that my life actually is 'perfect' except that I am too busy chroincling the imperfections?

No comments: