Tuesday, September 15, 2009

In Remembrance

I have never seen any Patrick Swayze film. The main reason why I know of him is that he had come to shoot in Kolkata (or did he not come?) for Ronald Joffe's City of Joy, which ran into a lot of CPI (M) led protests against stereotyping Kolkata through the Western eye. However, ever since I learnt of his death today due to pancreatic cancer I have been in a mood to remember him through songs of Dirty Dancing. And that's what I am doing today-playing his songs on You Tube and remembering a life cut short at only 57. Why does death choose some people early? Is it because of bad karma? Something that you did in your past life that catches up with you? Do we suffer in this life because of the sins of my other life? Isn't that so unfair? If there is no cause and effect in this life then it's a frightening thought, of a life with no set pattern, where goodness doesn't guarntee goodness in return.

2 comments:

mary mathew said...

that is if you think Death is bad...like a punishment...or it could be just another phase, who knows...its certainly painful for those left back

Ninia said...

I don't want a painful death..I just want to 'cease to be', if you know what I mean..poofff..and I am not there anymore..ever..no prolonged illness..nothing like that..just disappearence.