Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today is a special day, simply because of the fact that I succeeded in doing what I have failed to do for most of my adult life. I got up early and went for a run. This was due partly to A's insistence on my physical fitness and partly due to Murakami's memoir on his love-affair with long-distance running. I have never been a morning person, and I don't know if I will feel like getting up early tomorrow morning, or I will just toss over and go back to sleep. Unfortunately, I do not have a good track record of following things to their logical conclusion, as my aborted experiments with computers, karate and western dance lessons show. So at this juncture all I can hope is that today morning was a new beginning, and that someday I will end up loving running so much that I will do it even in the face of the biggest obstacles.

1 comment:

wanderingsofamallubong said...

Babe loved ur last three posts. u express these thoughts so well- without making it sound like a hopeless apology or eliciting disgust for being such a 'lowly' creature types....ur writing puts just as it is. and guess wat? those posts are just as true of me too ;)