Monday, January 5, 2009

I have decided to write down the names of books that I am reading currently, in order to keep a tab on my reading habits and make sure that I am reading enough. So here's a list of the last 4 books that I picked up and finished from Eloor:
  1. Diary of a Manhattan Call girl: now I dont know in which category exactly to put this..with its often dark undertones of the girl who knows that her career choice would be that of a call girl since she was 8 years old is neither fluffy enough for a chick-lit, nor is it high-brow lit..but a breezy fast read.
  2. The Zoya Factor:- How I wish I could be sixteen again and read TZF and have lovely dreams in the night about marrying the super-sexy Indian world cup winning cricket team captain who would look past my beauty (or rather the lack of it) and would actually notice the inner beauty which would mean that he would ignore all Miss Indias and instead would come straight into my arms..sometimes growing up isnt so much fun.
  3. Marrying Anita:- a disappointing read..with the author trying hard to establish the fact that due to the amazing recovery done by the Indian economy post 1991 there's no difference between men in NY and Guragon. Didnt we know that already? At least it could have been better written.
  4. The Moth Smoke:- Pakistani authors seem to be my flavour of the season..suddenly I want to grab anything written by Mohsin Hamid and Md Hanif and Moni Mohsin. I am itching to read The Reluctant Fundamentalist now. I believe strongly that to understand a country one must read its literature..therefore Afghanistan would always mean the Kite Runner to me, Iran through Persepolis and Reading Lolita, Japan through writings of Haruki Murakami and Turkey through Orhan Pamuk..who else..I liked Moth Smoke

No comments: