Thursday, December 3, 2009

Leaving..

Finally I can breathe easy. At least my desperation to get myself out of the professional rut that had swallowed me for the last one year will not cloud my mind anymore. The feeling that I was a mere footnote in the running of the organisation and that I was not doing justice to my capabilities by sticking on may now be a thing of the past. Why I say 'may' is because like all things in life, I am also treading into the new job territory softly. Since I live most of my life in a heightened state of awareness about what the future may bring, I do not throw myself headlong into any new experience without also thinking of the ways in which it can go wrong. Is this pessimism? I do not know. But this is certainly a defense mechanism that I have built up around myself just to ensure that my heart is that much safe if the dream breaks up ever.

1 comment:

mary mathew said...

all the best for graduating from a footnote to a headline babes!