Sunday, April 26, 2009

I just don't get Twitter. Or status updates on Facebook. Does the whole world need to know or is interested in knowing what is the status of my tummy, or if I am feeling upto completing my obscure thesis (which anyways will be read only by me), or do I love the awesome heat of Delhi? Why do people need to share such minute details of their lives, food habits, political beliefs, mental states, status of children/nephews/nieces every day, every hour? Do they think that I would be seriously interested in knowing if someone skipped gym today and instead bought a pink pan? This information over-load 24 hours a day is not only irritating the hell out of me but also making me feel like the only loser in the world whose life is a complete Twitter free/ Facebook update free zone coz nothing ever happens there that is worth twittering about.

3 comments:

mary mathew said...

welcome to the club of twitter/facebook free losers

Ashwadhy said...

Hmnnn.... point well made, and I too have wondered each time I see the updates.
Maybe someday I will understand or maybe feel ready enough to share everything.

wanderingsofamallubong said...

exaccttllyyyy my thoughts too!looks like the entire sisterhood is in the same club....