Friday, March 20, 2009

Ok..since now it's a Saturday and finally, finally I have a whole blank day streteching out in front of me, beckoning me with possibilities of wasting time in a delicious manner..what do I so? I take one of these quizzes again. So here it goes..
1. Last film I saw in the theater:
Sorry Bhai..yes, it's been that long since I have seen the insides of a theatre.It's not that I havent tried going ever since but either with tickets not being there or with A too busy in exams I really haven't managed.
2. Last movie I watched on dvd/vhs:
13 B. And it scared me in a nice way..
3. Last movie I watched on tv:
Urban Legend. These days I am hungry for horror/slash and gore stuff.
4. Last great movie you saw (for the first time, no repeated viewings):400 Blows and Goodmorning Vietnam.
5. Top three favorite movies of all time:-
Midnight Cowboy, Chungking Express, Sonar Kella.
6. Three comedies I can watch over and over and they still make me laugh:- Friends, Wonder Years, Different Strokes
7. Three dramas I can watch over and over without tiring of them:-
Can't really think of any.
8. Favorite romantic comedy: When Harry met Sally, You've Got Mail, the Truth about Cats and Dogs, Love Actually, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
9. Favorite suspense/horror movie:The Ring
10. Favorite movie musical:Would Hindi films count as musicals? Oh and Sound of Music, of course.
11. My three favorite movies when I was a kid:- Shriman Prithiraj, all of Ray's kids' films.
12. Three movies I loved when I was a kid that I still love now:-all of the above.
13. Favorite movie based on a book: the BBC version of P and P. Darcey never looked hotter!
14. Favorite sequel (think hard): Spiderman.
15. Favorite movie that you know is kind of crappy, but you love it anyway:
there are so many of them!! The Spiderman, Superman and the Batman series..I have this thing for superheroes.
16. Favorite foreign film: Children of Heaven.
17. Best documentary I've seen so far: Ram ke Naam, the Anand Patwardhan doc on Babri Masjid demolition.
18. Movie I put on when I'm really depressed:Sound of Music
19. Movie that can make me cry even if I am in the happiest mood:Pather Panchali, Boys Don't Cry, Edward Scissorhands.
20. A movie someone recommended to me that I ended up loving and the person who recommended it:ummm nothing that I can think of.
21. A movie someone recommended to me that I ended up hating and the person who recommended it (but it's not their fault): same as above.
22. Movie I recommend for everyone to see and why: Muriel's Wedding. I loved its message of hope and resilience, and finding your own meaning of life.
23. Movie I recommended for someone to see and still regret doing so: Why will I recommend a movie like that anyways?
24. Biggest movie let down: Da Vinci Code, Rebecca.
25. Biggest movie surprise (you liked it and thought you wouldn't): Dil Se. The critics had panned it greatly, but I loved it when I saw it.
26. Top three actors you would watch in anything:- Al Pacino, Aamir Khan, and Nasiruddin Shah
27. Top three actresses you would watch in anything:- may be Kajol?? And defintely Meryl Streep, and Bette Davis.
28. Top three directors whose films you would watch no matter what:- The only director that I can think of is Satyajit Ray, whose films I have watched endless no of times, and can still see again.
29. Most overrated movie (please stick with stuff you've seen):Slumdog Millionaire, The Namesake
30. Most overrated actor/actress: most of the current Bollywood crop..
31. Do you have a favorite screenwriter? Who and what is your favorite movie they have written?: my answers are getting repetitive..but it would be Ray again..can't pick a favourite Ray movie. There are too many of them.
32. Three favorite movie quotes:The ending of When Harry met Sally. The scene from Love Actually without any dialogues when Keira Knoghtley's husband's friends wishes her a merry christmas.
33. If you can remember it, worst dialougue in a movie ever: Surely Govinda's films??
.34. Best dialogue in a movie ever: can't pick one.
35. I can repeat every line from this movie verbatim while watching it: Gupi Gayne Bagha Baine maybe
36. Book you would like to see made into a movie and who you would like to see in it/directing it/etc.:The Hungry Tide..the novel is an experiment in visualisation..in the mind's eye.
37. Favorite song from a movie: I have had the time of my life, Dirty Dancing
38. Favorite use of a song in a movie: There are so many!!
39. A musical artist you now love that you discovered by watching a movie and said movie: none really.
40. Movie that you feel compelled to watch when you pass it flipping through channels: any Uttam/Suchitra movie..just to wallow in nostalgia
41. A movie that you really related with in high school (like the maker was your kindred spirit/ these characters were your long-lost best friend): Only You, with Robert Downey, Jr. and Marissa Tomeii
42. Movie you loved when you were a teenager and thought you would always love, but does not hold the same place in your heart: ummm..my movie tastes haven't changed that much.
43. I was completely into __(name of movie)__ when it came out, I even thought about a t-shirt or action figures, but now I don't know what I was thinking. May be the first Batman by Tim Burton?
44. I want to be _(this movie character)_ when I grow up: none
45. Best movie character: AB in his angry young man films, Soumitra as Feluda.
46. Movie I could live in happily: corresponds to my top 3 films.
47. Movie character soulmate (if only he or she was real and then you could live happily ever after): Spiderman..I dig men who are shy.
48. Deserted island movie (I know, why would you have a dvd player on a deserted island? just go with it): P and P (BBC mini series one).
49. Famous movie everyone's seen that I haven't: I have seen em all!!.
50. Movie I never want to see remade:all of Hitchcock's films.
51. Movie that inspires me: TZP
52. Three pieces of movie memorabilia I own:none
53. A movie I saw and asked for my money back: Salaam E Ishq: For once I broke my policy of not paying to watch a Salman Khan film and lived to regret it. Also Sunday and Krazzy 4.
54. Best movie watching experience in a theater (crowd rocked):Lagaan
.55. Worst movie watching experience in a theater (crowd sucked): Bhoot by RGV..people kept twittering nervously at the scariest places
.56. First movie I remember seeing in the theater: Tarzan comes to India..saw this when I was 3. Kept howling because they were hurting elephants in the movie. Baba was clueless about stopping me from bawling my eyes out.
57. People I love to watch movies with: the usual suspects..A, dada..hopefully with ET in the future.
58. Fondest movie memory (home): watching Love Actually on our 1st wedding anniversary.
59. Fondest movie memory (theater): watching Feluda in Cal with A, maa and baba.
60. If there was a movie that I can say might have changed my life, it was this one: Literature has changed my life..not films.

No comments: